Thursday, July 2, 2009

The journey continues...


So here's the deal- I evidently have low thyroid levels, high bilirubin, high iron and high iron saturation. Today I have a nuclear stress test for my gall bladder and a genetic iron level test to rule out hemochromotosis. I hate needles, so I'm not too excited about this. Not to mention I can't eat until after the test which is at 1. Let's just say I'm not a nice hungry person, so today should be interesting. Oh and I also have to start a prescription today to raise my thyroid levels and have another blood teat in 8 weeks. Good times!!! Hopefully after all this we will finally figure out what's going on with my body.
Here's the good news though I'm feeling better and eating a bit more normally. Still really low fat, but I have started eating some normal things like chicken and sushi. I also eat bread and pasta. No problems so far with my gall bladder, so that's good. Also, yesterday I went back to the gym. I did my beloved Latin impact class and had a blast. It felt really good to work up a sweat.
I'm officially back on the wagon. whoo whoo baby!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I glad that the doctors are figuring everything out and that you are able to eat again and feel better. Hope u recover 100% soon.
    - Ruthie

    ReplyDelete