Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cardio-Therapy...

This was a post that I started a couple weeks ago when I was feeling better- I thought I would post it...

I had an epiphany during Latin Impact last week. Kristen was there with me and she was doing some kick butt hip shaking and I simply could not get it. I was doing great with the choregraphy up to that point, that is until it was full blown hip and booty shaking time, and then it hit me... I don't know how to move my hips. I mean I can move my hips from side to side like a little girl dancing, but sexy, hip- shaking, husband arrousing salsa dancing- not so much.
OMgoodness... I'm so not sexy!!!
I mean this isn't really shocking or new to me, I always have known of my lack of sex appeal. I'm not saying I'm unattractive, or anything self-depricating like that. It's just I'm Tami and I'm cute, not sexy, just cute and sometimes funny. At least I hope.
I was never that flirty girl who could hula hoop provocatively, or tie a cherry stem with my tongue. And I could never ever talk dirty, but that's a whole other post. I'm just not sexy.
Well, I've made a descision... I'm going to as the saying goes "throw my heart over the bar and let my body follow." I think that's a gymnastics or track cliche and I may have quoted it wrong. I'm also really bad with cliches, but once again that's a whole other post. The point is I'm going to fully try in all I do including hip shaking at Latin Impact and not worry that I look stupid or that I'm not getting it right. Who cares? The point is to try and who knows eventually I might get it. I have to let go of control. That's where the gym therepy comes in. I'm despirately afraid of letting myself go and losing control. So I'm letting go.
And who knows... maybe even me, Tami, can learn a new dance- a sexy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment