Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Age and Fitness...

Jeri you are amazing!!!
During last week's Cardio Boxing class I totally rocked it...
In class there were these two seemingly fit young women. Pretty and in shape... well, not really. They were pretty, but not so fit. I'm not judging, well, at least I'm not judging anymore. You see I left class and went into the weekend pretty cocky about myself. I was thinking- look at those girls- yeah they may look better in a bathing suit then me, but they can't keep up with my mad sprinting and boxing skills. I'm a cardio-boxing rock star!!!
Well, that feeling lasted until Monday's Bodyworks Plus class. That is were I met my new fitness role model, Jeri. Jeri is a this fascinating lady who is of advanced age. I'm not sure how advanced(felt weird asking), but I'm thinking at least 65. She is rock-solid in shape. During the class she out worked the instructor and barely broke a sweat. Talk about a rock star!!! Oh and you know the plank exercise that I talked about hating so much? She could hold that awful exercise forever and never even bothered to take the easier(wimpier) modification.
This made me realize that age and bikini readiness don't necessarily mean health and fitness. That being said, I think actually Jeri would look better in a bikini then me. Oh well. She's a true inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Tami I have to say you are doing amazing, I hate the gum and just quit the nursery so now I no longer have my membership. I went on a run tonight and had to call Rich to come get, because I had to go to the bathroom NOW!

    ReplyDelete