Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bob Green and Parking...

So I was watching Oprah today(it was a rerun that I had DVR'd) and Bob Green was on and he was talking about diet and his "Best Life Ever" stamp of approval.

That's great Bob, I get it... eat fruits and veges... lean protein... eliminate sodium and white flour. It all makes sense.

But here's the deal, you're talking about living your best life Bob, well what if MY best life involves me eating a cheeseburger and McDonald's french fries. Oh, and the ability to wear a bathing suit at the beach without wanting to die... Even better, the ability to do both simultaneously. Now that's my "Best Life Ever!" How do I get that Bob?


Also you know what I have found to be a frustrating matter? Parking at the gym. When I go to the gym with my two kids in tow, schlepping their child and baby paraphernalia, and carrying my own gym gear... is it to much to ask for a parking spot up front?

I know I'm going to the gym to workout and the few extra feet of heavy lifting and walking, could be say, my warm up, but come on... Isn't it enough that I'm there. I got my sore, sleep deprived and most of the time hungry body dressed and presentable, kids dressed and corralled and all the accompanying accouterments together.. now you're telling me I either have to be a pack mule or I have to make a couple trips? Neither option is very enticing.

I vote for reserved parent parking up front. I think all gym mommies should unite and sign a petition or something.

4 comments:

  1. I think moms in general should have reserved parking... right next to handicap!
    - Ruth Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your "bob" comments...made me laugh! As for parking, dude, you're not kidding. I have had SO MANY moments of thinking "what the heck do these 90 year old people have that I don't feel?" (For the record, nine month pregnant ladies with other kids in tow need to have not only a special parking space, but a personal shopper to go along with it at every store!)

    ReplyDelete