Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So it's official... I have let myself go.




I used to be a cute, sporty girl, and now I'm an overweight mommy. How do I know I'm overweight? Well that's easy I went to my doctor and received a printout which told me the awful news.


Tami Engel- BMI 25.34 - overweight female.


Just like that. I mean how rude! You think they could have sugar-coated it a little- I mean how about this...


Tami Engel - great mommy and wife, she doesn't have time to always exercise because she's sleep deprived and she doesn't eat that great, but that's because sometimes she needs the extra strength that only a cupcake can give. She is a tad heavy right now, but as soon as life slows down I'm sure that weight will just melt off, and after all she did have a baby less then a year ago, so we say give her some slack.


Now my psyche could have handled that. However that's not what I got- I did get to walk away feeling bad for myself and like I needed to take action and right away. So that was my marching orders and what lead me to this journey.




8 comments:

  1. Tami,
    You make me laugh. I saw your blog listed on karyn's blog. Well, I am ready to join your club! And by the way, I think you look GREAT!

    50LBS overweight mommy of 2, Thais

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Thais, I think you look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove this!

    Tami Engel - great mommy and wife, she doesn't have time to always exercise because she's sleep deprived and she doesn't eat that great, but that's because sometimes she needs the extra strength that only a cupcake can give. She is a tad heavy right now, but as soon as life slows down I'm sure that weight will just melt off, and after all she did have a baby less then a year ago, so we say give her some slack.

    Can I just say that when all is said & done & this baby is born I will have *ahem* 70 pounds to lose?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My body got jacked up after having the kids. The equipment was all there, but it sure didn't look the same and was definately not in the same spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Tammy I LOVE it! Yeah...your 15 pounds or so is not bad at all! I've got about 40-50 to lose! I just CANNOT get rid of the weight after baby #3! It's awful! I always lost my weight right away...except this time! So it has me VERY upset! AND...it seems like I've gained a bit too! UUGGHH!! I SOOOOO wish I could join you at the gym! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you to have a reasonable goal. I really need to work on that. I'm totally "F" right now and not just because I'm pregnant. I need help. My ideas of healthy are totally screwed up. I'm glad you're headed in the right direction (at least it looks that way).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, first and formost, you are and have always been way to hard on yourself. You have had 4 soon to be 5 babies in less then 10 years. That is some major abuse on your body and psyche. Just give it time. You have to get real with yourself and the body God gave you and realize that no matter what shape it's in- it's a blessing just to be alive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I love you girlie and think you are an amazing Momma and person!

    ReplyDelete