Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Goals...


First let me clarify that I am not calling myself, nor anyone else obese. I have a pretty good grasp on my body perception and up until now pretty average confidence. Indeed the very fact that I can be so candid with, well, the world, proves that I have conquered a lot of my body- hating demons. I also refuse to ever use the "F" word and I'm not talking profantity. If for some reason my daughter were to one day come across this blog I want her to maintain a healthy body image and know I wanted to be healthy and not skinny. Skinny is over-rated and to be completely honest not what my husband finds attractive. Real women have bums and boobs and curves. And I refuse to use derogative hateful words like that "F"word.

So what then are my goals? Well first and foremost, I want to never see a printout from the doctor that says overweight again. What does that mean exactly? Well for the sake of full disclosure I started this journey on Sunday, May 17th 2009 weighing 147Ibs. With my height being 5'4 and through the magic BMI(body mass index) equation(I don't know what it is,but I'm sure the curious can Google it) I ended up with a BMI of 25.34. The scale for overweight is a BMI of 25-29.9. So I barely squeeked by(lucky me). I want to be 130 Ibs. which would put me safely in the middle of the healthy range for my weight and still allow me in theory to retain my boobs. This also would help with my joint discomfort and potentially ward off some hereditary ailments like diabetes that run in my family. So that is my goal.

To achieve this goal I have started thinking about what I eat and making healthier choices and watching portion sizes. I have also joined a gym and started exercizing 5 times a week for 30 minutes to 1.5 hours depending on the day. I want to have fun with this and surprisingly enough I am. I also have found a bonus in all this, which is that I am beginning to find my sparkle again. I'm not refinding the old me, but rather a more grown, grounded and happy me. Basically, though it sounds cliche, a better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment